We hope you will take the time to get to know us or reacquaint yourselves with us by looking through our website’s different initiatives. In that process, please take note of how we implement our vision and mission by focusing on amplifying the direct voice of communities. All of us at EchoX work on our initiatives with a passion to create a holistic view of communities as a public service free of charge to everyone.
EchoX’s mission, vision, goals, and initiatives can be found on our ‘About page‘.
This year, our goal is to generate at least 500 supporting responses with a financial total of $5,000.00. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to support us with your talent OR click here for monetary donations. You can even donate while you shop, as we’re now a member of Amazon Smile!
INITIATIVES IN DETAIL
Here are some notes from our staff on what they have been doing and hope to do in the near future.
DIGITIZE: “Empowering youth identity and voice through digital, multimedia storytelling.” & “Advancing digital access and literacy”
From EchoX staff member: “I work with PNW youth who aspire to be digital creatives in their communities. In the next year, I hope that we can connect with more youth from more diverse communities so we can provide them a space to share their stories.”
- We create workshops and events for youth who are interested in exploring their identity, culture, and community online with their peers.
- We encourage youth to share their work and skills online with their friends, family, and community
- In the summer of 2021, we ran a workshop called “How to Look Cool Online”. This workshop was led by a former Digitize youth member who worked with students over two consecutive weeks to learn basic HTML and create websites around their identities. You can read more about the workshop and see some of the student work on our Digitize page.
- In 2022, we are expanding on our “How to Look Cool Online” workshop with a level II.
- In level II, we’ve invited students back from our summer workshop to expand on their coding skills and work together to create a collaborative website centered around a shared theme. All of our theme ideas will be tied to EchoX’s overall goal and mission.
- In addition, in 2022 we intend to hire youth fellows to help support the overall DIGITIZE goals and programs.
- In the near future, we hope to build relationships with community leaders engaged in tech and community to talk and hold discussions with our Digitize youth students.
CALENDAR: “Connect with Community in real time”
From EchoX staff member: “When working on the calendar, I add events from all backgrounds and cultures. What I would love to accomplish in the next year for EchoX is to let the communities and organizations that we add on our calendar know that we support them and they can support us.”
- Our Calendar connects EchoX community with local festivals, performances, exhibits, workshops, and more.
- Within EchoX calendar, users can apply simple filters to find specific events near them.
- We are always looking for new festivals, events, performances, exhibits, and workshops (big or small, in-person or virtual) to highlight. Suggestions can be sent to email@example.com.
DIRECTORY: “Building community resource networks”
From EchoX staff member: “The directory connects community, inspiring engagement and lifelong cultural learning. The directory hopes to grow and connect directly with organizations to meet community needs and amplify voices.”
- Our directory acts as a portal connecting EchoX community with local organizations, groups, and resources around the Pacific Northwest.
- In 2021, we added more Community Focus and Resources options to browse when searching.
- Within EchoX directory, users can apply filters including: Gender, Faith, Gender & Sexuality, Multicultural, Education, Expression, Knowledge Holders, Language, Media, and Services.
- We are always looking for new organizations to highlight that align with our mission and values. Suggestions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In 2022 we intend to focus on more engagement with our directory participants
VOICES: “Highlighting diverse narratives across community groups”
From EchoX staff member: “Voices seeks to create and provide articles and multimedia that spotlight and support cultural communities around the Pacific Northwest. We aim to share stories that center around the truths and experiences of the communities we feature. In the future, we hope to feature more BIPOC spotlights in the form of short comments/interviews and provide website space for artists to showcase their material.”
- Voices aims to provide articles and stories that highlight ethnic and cultural communities.
- In 2021, we produced stories and spotlights in the form of articles, resource posts, audio and written interviews, and social media (Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter).
- We also repost content from local groups and organizations as reposts to our Voices page every Thursday morning. EchoX community can send us repost suggestions to email@example.com.
- In the near future, we would love to invite community members to submit their own pieces to EchoX for us to showcase on our website.
- We are always looking for new organizations, groups, or leaders to highlight and strongly encourage our EchoX community to suggest people or organizations to spotlight! Suggestions or leads can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Potential of weaving stories from community together can be seen in our recent “400 Years After the Mayflower”.
Your support allows EchoX to remain free for the community.
“Empowering youth identity and voice through digital, multimedia storytelling.” & “Advancing digital access and literacy”
“Connect with Community in real time”
“Building community resource networks”
“Highlighting diverse narratives across community groups”
We hope you will check out more initiative details below.
Your support allows EchoX to remain free for the community.