American Romanian Cultural Society – ARCS Project
The American Romanian Cultural Society (ARCS) is a nonprofit association striving to promote a better understanding of the rich culture of Central and Eastern Europe, with an emphasis on Romania and the American Romanian cultural heritage in the Seattle area. Our signature event is the Romanian Film Festival in Seattle hosted at SIFF Cinema Uptown every year in November, since 2014.
Our mission is to create social change through film, art and education. With a focus on Romanian heritage, we promote projects that build bridges between Eastern European cultures on the West Coast, and in the US at large.
- Organize the Romanian Film Festival at SIFF Uptown Cinema
- Sponsor Romanian films and artists as part of the annual Seattle International Film Festival
- Promote visual artists of Romanian and Eastern European heritage
- Organize cultural events, including artistic performances, concerts, book signings, lectures
- Create innovative education programs for learners of Romanian origin or with an interest in Romania
- Develop partnerships, programs and cultural exchanges with local, national, Romanian and other European institutions that share our values